Friday, June 25, 2010

Waiting on Little Miss Labin

BABY UPDATE:
We're officially in countdown mode until the arrival of Baby Labin this September. She's due in 80 days!!! I know as well as anyone that she could be early or late, but at least it gives you a target. The third trimester has really ramped up to be pretty miserable. I feel like I am always either exhausted, hungry, have to pee or feel sick. Productivity is a thing of the past - and so is bending over. I started crying the other day because I just didn't feel like I could reach my feet in the shower - until Jon suggested I throw my washcloth on the ground and rub my feet with it.

I feel like we've accomplished the most important things in the getting ready for baby process, but there's still so much to do. We painted the nursery and pretty much got settled into the new house. We ordered the nursery furniture and I am busy making most of the decorations myself (with some sewing help from the grandmothers.) We registered for all of the baby gear at Babies R Us, Target, and Amazon. We've done allllll of the testing and passed everything with flying colors. We also have the list of names narrowed down to four. (But this will be a surprise.)

However, we still have to figure out daycare, the dedication ceremony for after her birth, and find a pediatrician. We registered for, but have not yet taken, all of the childbirth-nursing-infant care classes. We have to figure out the cord blood banking thing, and I have to start figuring out what I'm in for when it comes to labor. So far I've managed to push this off (no pun intended) but it feels like I can't do that anymore.

We're getting the carpet replaced tomorrow, and a vacation coming up, so next post will be about all that non-baby stuff.

No comments: