Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Day 1 - A Cut Above

Let me tell you something - I was so on top of things yesterday! Some successes:

  • Stuck to the diet despite the two gigantic bowls of christmas candy on the dining room table
  • Did my Cto5k program at the gym and then Yoga-Pilates class
  • Cut caffeine back to one mug of tea
  • I even drank more than 8 glasses of water!!!
Then, well - things got a little dodgy for a few minutes. I get home from the gym, exhausted, sore, low blood-sugar levels and start making our lunch. Out comes the tomato, the sharp santoku knife, and....well I gave myself the deepest cut I think I ever had. We were actually thinking I might need stitches. The funny part was that Jon was in the same physical state as me so as soon as he saw my handiwork he almost passed out! He called it "sympathy" faintness!

Ok so here's to a slice-free but still successful day 2!

No comments: