Seriously, I just read that thin or average-sized folks will gain on average 1-2 pounds just over the holidays, larger people will average 5 pounds in weight gain. (Duh, right? Well just wait...)
The kicker is, that some people think that mid-life weight gain is mostly a factor of people putting on weight over the holidays and not doing anything about it so that it accumulates. So the key to a healthy adulthood may be in kicking that Xmas Poundage to the curb right away. (Not going to cite sources here, honestly the site I got this from didn't either.)
One of the reasons that men in general (and my husband specifically) are so much more successful at losing weight/getting in shape/attaining goals - is that they tend to be far more disciplined and unemotional about the whole thing.
Here's a little side by side comparison:
| Her | Him |
| "Well, everyone else ordered dessert so obviously I had to." | "Everyone else was ordering dessert so I left." |
| "I've had a terrible day, I need comfort food." | "I've had a bad day, I don't want to make it worse by ruining my diet." |
| "I'll make myself a big breakfast so I won't be so hungry."(And then you're still hungry so you eat a big lunch too.) | "I skip breakfast and eat my calories later." |
So, there it is. Stop making excuses! Stop worrying about other people! Take a lesson from my dearest - skip breakfast, eat as little as possible, and STICK TO IT! We'll see if I can take my own advice.
1 comment:
Don't skip breakfast! That is the most important meal of the day. You would be better off skipping dinner :)
better yet, small portions all meals throughout the day. Sigh..so much advice who knows what really works but seriously...don't skip breakfast!
Post a Comment