Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Nature of My Obsessions

I must have a mild form of OCD. Not to be callous (I do have a friend with OCD) but my overwhelming drive to get things done around the house may be getting out of control. I woke up this morning and spent an hour and a half putting away Christmas before Jon got up.

Yeah, so? So the thing is, I could have waited for help, I could have left it up a few more days and not started the last day of my time off in a whirlwind of glitter and tissue paper. But no, I couldn't even sit down this morning I was too stressed about the tree, weeks after it had fulfilled its purpose still sitting in my living room. No, it had to come down!!!

And this is just one thing I'm worried about today. The unfortunate part is that for whatever reason, I work really hard all the time and I never get to check anything off my list. Remember all those things I listed a couple of posts ago? NONE of them are done! NONE!

Maybe Jon will surprise me today with a voluntary 10 hours of productivity and we will check a couple things off that ever-growing to-do list.

No comments: