Friday, January 23, 2009

A Confession

Ok, I admit it. I am a baby when it comes to not feeling well. I like attention, I like being taken care of, and I am really really cranky. (My husband is Soooo Lucky!)

This all-about-me regression has been my lifestyle for about three weeks. In addition to the physical symptoms, I am now scared, frustrated, and stressed out about not knowing what's going on. I am not my usual ray-of-sunshine-self.

So, the problem is that I am continuing to feel that way despite the fact that all of these people around me have much bigger issues going on. I really WANT to be selfless, and supportive to all of the people important to me, but I am so wrapped up in my own head, my own issues, that I catch myself being preoccupied with myself instead of helping others.

Let me give you a sampling of what is going on with folks around me, the things I should actually be focusing on:
  • Friends finding out they are having a boy
  • Other friends maybe having life changing stuff going on
  • Yet others having their new baby girl
  • Friend K. had her apartment flooded and had to move her pregnant self to a temp place
  • Family in car accidents
  • Other family leaving for a semester abroad
I just need to get my head on straight! Maybe if I focus on the right things, karma will make my own issues disappear.

No comments: