I am pretty sure that I have never, ever stuck to a diet for 10 straight days without "cheating" before. I never believed anyone when I was told this, but it gets easier.
For example, my friend at work and I go to Olive Garden for lunch pretty often - it's "our place" to go and complain about work and load up on carbs. So we were headed out yesterday and I actually changed our plans so that we could go somewhere more diet-friendly. I don't think I would have been able to do that before.
So here I am after 10 days of substituting green beans for french fries, picking the bun off my hamburger, and snacking only on cheese and nuts. 10 days, 4 workouts and 5 pounds. That's so definitely worth it!
Don't get me wrong - I REALLY want a slice of birthday cake. I have about a dozen opportunities during the celebrations over the next week to throw my diet out the window. So I respectfully asked everyone to leave the dessert at home. Yes, even the "healthy" desserts like fruit. Though some people seem to think it's more important to have a pastry to stick a stupid candle in then to respect my goals and ambitions - for my own birthday. Oh well.
So don't be offended friends, when you want to get together for my birthday and it ends up being a casual stay-at-home affair without sweets of any kind. Because for my birthday, it's all about me!
1 comment:
Right, no sweets, no worries we'll just send sweet thoughts you way :)
Lol, oh, maybe we can get together and make playdough with James?
Post a Comment